Today I managed to spend quite a bit of time on my game. As seen in the screenshot below I’ve added shoot functionality to the turret and also started looking at making a nice tiled background. Unfortunately the current lasers shot out do no damage, but I’ll have to clean up the code first to make working with it a bit easier.
I’m quite happy with how things are looking now, but I’ve still got a bit of a way to go. I have to work on having the background re-apply itself as the camera moves as it will likely have quite a bit of a performance knock adding enough tiles to cover the entire game area. I’m trying to find some way to just move tiles over to the other side as needed, but I’ll first be looking at damage caused by the lasers. That’s it for today!