I’ve been playing VTOL VR, Nuclear Option and Tiny Combat Arena recently. I’ve long toyed with the idea of making a jet-fighter game in some form, but sadly my game-dev time has been extremely limited. Spending some time on the VTOL VR Wiki has inspired me to try my hand at creating a custom map.
A few months ago, a tweet from the creator of Tiny Combat arena caught my eye:
I'm having a minor crisis right now because somebody has already made Tiny Combat's Arena mode in DCS and it's really good. Like, REALLY GOOD. On the bright side, this feels like affirmation that the core is great, plus other ideas I've been considering. https://t.co/tj9vs0FrYk— Why485 🐀 (@Why485) June 17, 2023
My quest for game development knowledge has lead me down the path of trying my hand at game design in another game and I believe VTOL VR can be that medium. I’d like to push the limits of what’s possible with VTOL VR.
- Design a 196 km x 196 km map
- include thinking for “zones” that can be captured
- Define zones to be captured
- Script dynamic objectives based on the current state
- Pretence Dynamic Campain for DCS design doc: https://github.com/Dzsek/pretense
- Map Editor Wiki page: https://vtolvr.wiki.gg/wiki/Map_Editor
- High resolution heightmaps: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2841984565
- Mission Editor Wiki page: https://vtolvr.wiki.gg/wiki/Mission_Editor